We Connect Franklin County Families
with Special Needs Resources
News Release–Effective immediately, Kimberlyn MacDonald has been appointed as the Provisional Executive Director and she may be reached at 636-584-7240 ext. 1231. We wish to take this opportunity to assure you that our quality and consistency of services will not be interrupted. It is our desire to continue providing supportive services to our residents of Franklin County. We will endeavor to keep you posted on the status of the position replacement. Thank you for your understanding during this period of transition.
Disability Resource Connection, formerly known as the Franklin County SB40 Resource Board, provides support, resources and advocacy for individuals with disabilities and their caregivers, living in Franklin County. Under the Senate Bill 40 (SB40) legislation in 1987 the government organization was developed to connect services for persons with developmental disabilities with those in need. A board appointed by the County Commission is responsible for overall operations.
Eligibility is determined by the Department of Mental Health. A developmental disability includes intellectual disabilities, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, Autism or a similar condition diagnosed before the age of 22; however, Disability Resource Connection will work with disabled persons throughout their lifetime. They work closely with the Missouri Department of Mental Health, the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and Missouri First Steps.
How We Do It
Our highly trained and experienced service coordinators will visit to gain a full understanding of a person's challenges and opportunities for growth.
We connect to resources like: employment, transportation, therapies, summer camps, day programming, supportive living and personal assistance.
We raise public awareness and help attain funding for the services provided in our region, supported by primarily by county taxes.
We are looking for talented consumers to participate in our 1st Annual SB40 Artist Showcase 2019
- What is the SB40 Artist Showcase: This event is an annual artist’s showcase that will display the talents and abilities of the individuals in Franklin County. Submitted artwork will be displayed for one year in the SB40 office building to show the unique talents of the individuals we serve. At the end of the year, artwork will be returned to the artist. Artists will be able to show of their creativity in various mediums to show their community the amazing artists of Franklin County.
- Who is eligible to participate: Any individual receiving TCM services through Franklin County SB40.
- Where to submit artwork: Artwork for the SB40 Artist Showcase can be turned in at the SB40 Office (1308 N. Church Street Union, MO 63084). Please include the Artist/Artisan Submission Demographic Sheet and Permit to Display Form with your artwork.
Please see forms below:
- Deadline for submitting artwork: All artwork submission can be accepted starting 9/1/2019 through 9/30/2019 to be included in the 2019 SB40 Artist’s Showcase. Only one piece of artwork can be submitted per person.
- 2019 SB40 Artist Showcase timeline: Art will be displayed in the SB40 Office Building from 11/1/2019-10/31/2020.
- Subject Matter: Please submit artwork that reflects yourself. Anything that inspires you, motivates you, or makes you feel happy. We want the creative works submitted to reflect the amazing diverse and talented individuals we have the pleasure to work with.
- Guidelines: No artwork will be accepted that exhibits any vulgar imagery, explicit language, or offensive subject matter. All artwork submitted will be reviewed before being displayed. The artist will be notified, and artwork returned to the artist if it does not meet these guidelines.
Media Formats and Guidelines:
- Paintings: Please submit canvas paintings between 8×10 and 16×20 in size.
- Drawings: Please submit drawings between 8×10 and 16×20 in size. Please use drawing paper for all submissions.
- Photography: Please submit photos between 8×10 and 16×20 in size. Black and white or color accepted.
Creative Writing: All submissions are requested to be typed and printed.
- Other Craft or Artist Projects: Examples: Knitting, Jewelry, Cross Stitching, Wood Carving, ect. For any other craft or artist projects you wish to submit, please contact the SB40 Office to receive approval. All submitted artwork will be displayed at the SB40 Office and display options will need to be discussed for any 3D artwork (this space may be limited).
For any questions please contact the Franklin County SB40 Office: 636-584-7240.
The Franklin County SB40 Resource Board is searching for volunteers to serve on the Due Process Committee. This committee ensures that individuals receiving services from Franklin County SB40 Resource Board exercise or are assisted in exercising all rights under the United States Constitution as well as those stated in statute. The committee meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 10:00 am to review and ensure due process has occurred when rights restrictions or limitations are imposed.
If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please contact:
Due Process Committee Chair
636-584-7240, extension 1294
Spread the Word
We estimate we are only serving a fraction of those in our community in need. Help us spread the word in Franklin County that we are here to help caretakers and individuals with disabilities connect with resources to help them.
Share our website link with family, friends and neighbors.